What does it mean to go keto? How will it affect our hormones and our menopause? Join my conversation with menopause and sexual health expert Dr. Anna Cabeca as we talk about taking care of our bodies and our hormones as we age, and why the keto-green way is great for supporting hormonal health.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode106.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
- The keto-green way and why it’s incredible for supporting your hormones, energy, brain health, and weight loss
- What dirty keto means
- Why keto is essential for women over 40
- What it means to get into ketosis
- How to avoid the keto flu
- The benefits of intermittent fasting and the right way to do it
- There are many challenges that we face as women when we hit 40 and beyond, and one of these is metabolism.
- The keto-green plan is about the smallest changes we can make that give us the fastest, longest-lasting results.
- It takes more than hormones to fix our hormones.
- Our urine pH is an important marker for our health, just like our blood pressure, our pulse, our temperature, and our weight. It tells us a lot about what’s going on with our body and our environment.
- Straight keto diets without fiber in them have been shown to decrease the health of the gut.
- Getting into ketosis helps with insulin sensitivity.
- The use of glucose for fuel in the brain is an estrogen-dependent process. So when our estrogen and progesterone levels decline, we see this deficiency in the brain’s ability to use glucose for fuel.
- Check your urine pH to make sure it’s alkaline.
- Get into keto the keto-green way.
“Getting into ketosis the healthy way and getting alkaline at the same time is just a phenomenal experience, and that is why I’ve been sharing this and sharing my keto-green way with everyone I can because it really does transform our life.”
“It is absolutely within your control to optimize your health and to gain resilience and revitalize your body and be in optimal health. It is our birthright… We can optimize our health for the long haul.”
Thanks for listening!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
Where you can find Dr. Anna Cabeca:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me: