What is red light therapy? How does it benefit your hormones and your health overall? Wes Pfiffner is on the show to tell us more about it.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode107
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
- Red light therapy and its benefits
- How Joovv started
- Photobiomodulation and how it works
- Research on red light therapy
- The light imbalance and how it affects the body
- How to use a Joovv device
- Photobiomodulation is using specific wavelengths of red and near-infrared light to stimulate the mitochondria to produce energy.
- Different wavelengths of light do different things to the body. Ultraviolet light, for example, stimulates vitamin D production in humans, and red light was found to be rejuvenating to the skin.
- Some of the benefits of red light therapy include
- Benefits to the skin
- Relieves joint pain
- Reduces inflammation
- Enhanced muscle recovery
- Enhanced athletic performance
- Benefits to the hormones
- Benefits to the microbiome
- Hair regrowth
- Cognitive benefits
- Inflammation reduction is probably the biggest benefit of red and near-infrared exposure that’s been documented to date.
- Inflammation is the root cause of almost every chronic disease in the body.
- Get adequate exposure to sunlight.
- Consider getting red light therapy.
- When getting red light therapy, make sure there’s clinically proven wavelengths, that the coverage area is that, and that the intensity is there.
“It’s really amazing how giving your body exposure to these wavelengths of red and near-infrared has a systemic effect across the whole body in such a positive way. It’s almost kind of like a multivitamin.”
“Not all red light is created equal. Even though they can have the same wavelengths and clinically proven wavelengths, the intensity needs to be there.”
Thanks for listening!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 15% off North American Herb and Spice Products with coupon code HOLISTIC15%
- AOR – you can order online at https://aor.us/ (USA) or https://aor.ca/ (CANADA). Use the code healthyhormones2020 for an extra 5% off, on top of any other discounts.
- My ebooks, meal plans & guides are on sale for 20% off with the code SAVE20 – visit shop.holisticwellness.ca to explore your options. If you’re looking for healthy recipe inspiration, there are a ton of meal plans + recipes available there for you to dive into. You’ll get instant access so you can start cooking right away.
Where you can find Wes Pfiffner and Joovv
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me: