Where are you right now in your health journey? If you’re wondering about where I’m at, listen in as I share an update on my healing journey with Hashimoto’s and chat about autoimmunity and thyroid health.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode109
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Getting diagnosed with Hashimoto’s
- What the symptoms of Hashimoto’s look like
- The reasons why Hashimoto’s develop
- What causes leaky gut and how it affects your body’s immune response
- Why you need to run a full thyroid panel
- What my healing journey looked like
- Going on a thyroid and autoimmune healing protocol
- Why you should slowly re-introducing certain foods into your diet
- Why I stopped taking desiccated thyroid and what happened when I did
- Where I’m currently at in my health journey
- Stress has a lot to do with autoimmune diseases, symptoms, and hormonal imbalances.
- The body cannot differentiate tragic stress from common everyday stress.
- The 3 reasons why you might develop an autoimmune disease
- Genetic predisposition
- Different environmental triggers
- Intestinal permeability
- Thyroid hormones impact leaky gut in a good way. They affect the tight junctions in the stomach and the small intestine and protect the gut mucosal lining from stress-induced ulcer formation.
- The higher your antibodies are, the bigger the attack on your thyroid gland.
- Typically 95% of cases of hypothyroidism are due to autoimmune Hashimoto’s.
- Don’t feel defeated by your lab results. There’s a lot that you can do to address your health issues.
- If you’re experiencing symptoms of hypothyroidism, make sure to get a full thyroid panel.
- Address both your adrenal health and your thyroid health because they are interconnected.
“A busy brain is a stressed brain, and I’ve definitely had my fair share of stress and overwhelm… Stress is one of those things that really exacerbated my symptoms and causing my immune system to kind of go a bit haywire.”
“Your adrenals and your thyroid speak to each other… Always work on healing and supporting your adrenals because that, in turn, will also optimize your thyroid.”
Thanks for listening!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 20% off with coupon code – HEALTHYHORMONES
- Save 15% off North American Herb and Spice Products with coupon code HOLISTIC15%
- AOR – you can order online at https://aor.us/ (USA) or https://aor.ca/ (CANADA). Use the code healthyhormones2020 for an extra 5% off, on top of any other discounts.
- My ebooks, meal plans & guides are on sale for 20% off with the code SAVE20 – visit shop.holisticwellness.ca to explore your options. If you’re looking for healthy recipe inspiration, there are a ton of meal plans + recipes available there for you to dive into. You’ll get instant access so you can start cooking right away.
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me: