Are you struggling with environmental allergies? Find out some of the natural ways that you can treat them.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode113
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The link between hormones and histamine intolerance
- The pollen apocalypse
- The 411 on histamine
- Seasonal allergies
- Some common allergy symptoms and their underlying causes
- The side-effects of over-the-counter antihistamines
- What to avoid and what to include in your diet during allergy season
- Where you might be in your menstrual cycle and having elevated estrogen levels during your menstrual cycle can induce a histamine release in your body.
- There have been increases in pollen counts in the environment as one of the effects of climate change, and experts predict that allergies will get worse in the next three to five years.
- Histamine is a chemical compound that’s very important in our immune system and plays a vital role in the inflammation that occurs in the body.
- The severity of symptoms of allergic rhinitis can vary widely from season to season and can impact your day-to-day life.
- Your risk of suffering from seasonal allergy symptoms dramatically increases if you have an underlying medical condition, unmanaged stress, and pregnancy.
- Allergies are considered disorders of the immune system. The body is over-reacting to harmless substances and produces these antibodies to attack the substance, which is what is causing your symptoms.
- Acupuncture can reduce the symptoms associated with seasonal allergies without any side-effects.
- If you’re spending a lot of time outdoors and you know you’re reacting to pollen, make sure that you take a shower once you get home. If you have pets that have spent time outside the house, hose them down or wipe them down as well.
- Avoid the following foods that can aggravate your allergic symptoms:
- Conventional dairy
- Artificial sweeteners
- Processed foods
- Sunflower seeds
- Bottled citrus juice
- Dried fruits
Include the following foods in your diet during allergy season:
- Raw, local honey
- Hot and spicy foods like cinnamon, cayenne, cayenne pepper, ginger, onion, garlic, etc.
- Bone broth
- Probiotic-rich foods like kefir, kombucha, sauerkraut, kimchi, and raw cheese and other raw organic dairy products
- Apple cider vinegar
- Swiss chard
- Wild-caught salmon
- Good quality poultry
- Organic grass-fed beef and lamb
- Fresh herbs and spices
- Dried herbs
Take supplements that will help to fight allergies:
- Vitamine A
- Stinging nettle
- Use a Neti pot to relieve nasal congestion and flush out mucus.
- Use essential oils.
- Get acupuncture.
- Stay hydrated.
- Shower before bed.
- Wash your clothes and your bedding frequently.
- Consider replacing your carpets at home.
“Not all individuals have a heightened sensitivity or an allergic reaction to all pollens so it’s important to pay attention and recognize what really is triggering your allergies and the time of year they’re showing up.”
“A strong immune system is key to fighting seasonal allergies, and as we know, your immune system lives in your gut, which is why it’s so important to be supporting your gut health and your microbiome.”
Thanks for listening!
If you don’t have my book yet, The 30-Day Hormone Solution, grab a copy over at hormonesolutionbook.com and get over $350 in free bonuses.
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use code – HEALTHYHORMONES
- Save 15% off any Organifi Products at organifishop.com. In today’s episode I spoke about the GLOW product. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES
- Save 15% off North American Herb and Spice Products with coupon code HOLISTIC15%
- AOR – you can order online at https://aor.us/ (USA) or https://aor.ca/ (CANADA). Use the code healthyhormones2020 for an extra 5% off, on top of any other discounts. Check out their My Blueprint Genetic at-home test kit
- My ebooks, meal plans & guides are on sale for 20% off with the code SAVE20 – visit shop.holisticwellness.ca to explore your options. If you’re looking for healthy recipe inspiration, there are a ton of meal plans + recipes available there for you to dive into. You’ll get instant access so you can start cooking right away.
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me: