How can you use your intuition to bring your hormones into balance? Holistic nutritionist and founder of Good Witch Kitchen, Kristen Ciccolini talks about going beyond the food and how you can get off the dieting mentality.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode115
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What it means to connect to your intuition
- How you lose your intuition around food
- Using your intuition to balance your hormones
- Eating intentionally
- Meal planning
- Physical hunger vs emotional hunger
- What it means to be weight inclusive
- Journaling as a tool to connect to your intuition
- Positive body image
- Connecting to your intuition means listening to your body. It’s not the easiest thing to do, but once you get the hang of it, it can lead to a lot of improvements in your health.
- It’s a huge stress reliever to not follow any arbitrary rules and it feels really good to give your body what it wants. That enjoyment alone can be very healing to the body.
- When you honor your body’s hunger signals without restricting foods you like or restricting your food intake to certain times of day, you’re eating when your body needs food so you’re regulating your blood sugar.
- Intuition is really just information coming into your conscious and subconscious that helps you make more informed decisions. When you continuously use it to make food decisions that feel good, your hormones will eventually fall back into balance.
- Eating with intention allows you to enjoy the experience more because you’re more present.
- Having a positive image is separating yourself from what other people expect of you.
- Listen to what your body is telling you in terms of hunger and all different areas of your health.
- Acknowledge that time is a construct. There is no reason that you have to wait a certain time of day to have a meal.
- Practice eating intentionally.
- Plan your meals.
- Practice journaling.
- Clean out your social media feed and get rid of anything that doesn’t make you feel good or gets you in that comparison trap.
“For some people, dieting can go beyond what’s mentally healthy for them and it causes anxiety around food — they’re afraid to eat the wrong things.”
“Meal planning can be a tool that really supports your intuitive practice because it ensures that your needs are met throughout the day.”
Thanks for listening!
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Download Kristen’s 6 Ways to Superpower Your Intuition Every Day ebook here
- Learn more about our 12-Week Dutch Hormone Program and Testing here
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. My favourites are the Organifi Gold in Chocolate and GLOW. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES
- Save 20% off ALL Alitura Naturals SkinCare at https://alituranaturals.com
The Clay Mask is the BEST!
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use code – HEALTHYHORMONES
- Save 15% off North American Herb and Spice Products with coupon code HOLISTIC15%
- AOR – you can order online at https://aor.us/ (USA) or https://aor.ca/ (CANADA). Use the code healthyhormones2020 for an extra 5% off, on top of any other discounts.
- My ebooks, meal plans & guides are on sale for 20% off with the code SAVE20 – visit shop.holisticwellness.ca to explore your options. If you’re looking for healthy recipe inspiration, there are a ton of meal plans + recipes available there for you to dive into. You’ll get instant access so you can start cooking right away.
Where you can find Kristen Ciccolini:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me: