Have you ever used cannabis, CBD, or medicinal mushrooms for healing? Author of The Rebel’s Apothecary, certified health coach, and creator of the wellness blog Healthy Crush, Jenny Sansouci talks about the healing magic of these three things.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode116
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The story of Jenny’s dad using cannabis, CBD, and medicinal mushrooms throughout his cancer treatment
- What CBD is and how it’s different from THC
- The benefits of using cannabis, CBD, and mushrooms
- What the endo-cannabinoid system is
- Why people would want to use CBD for wellness
- Medicinal mushrooms and psychedelic mushrooms
- In the United States, it’s federally legal to sell CBD products that have 0.3% THC or less. Anything higher than that, you have to get it from a licensed dispensary.
- CBD and THC are two of the most prevalent compounds in the cannabis plant and both have therapeutic benefits. If they’re in a product together, they can boost each other up.
- CBD helps with sleep, anxiety, and pain.
- THC is the compound in cannabis that gives you the high.
- Inhalation is the fastest acting but lasts for the shortest amount of time. The oil tincture under the tongue can take 15-20 minutes to have an effect but lasts anywhere from 4-6 hours. An edible or a capsule will take longer to set in because it has to go through your digestive system but it lasts longer.
- Consider using CBD to help you with sleep, anxiety, and pain.
“The more CBD in the product and the less THC, the less likely you are to get high.”
“That’s why I wanted to put them in one book, mushrooms and cannabis, because the stigma is changing so much… they can be very therapeutic if we learn how to work with them correctly.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re looking for an amazing community to connect with and a group of women that are all on their journey to healing and optimizing their health and their hormones, join our Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook.
If you haven’t downloaded our FREE 5 Day Sugar Detox Challenge yet, download it now! It’s so easy to follow and you’re going to love it.
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Get the Free immunity chapter from Jenny’s book here
- Grab Jenny’s book, The Rebel’s Apothecary here
- Learn more about our 12-Week Dutch Hormone Program and Testing here
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. My favourites are the Organifi Gold in Chocolate and GLOW. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES
- Save 20% off ALL Alitura Naturals SkinCare at https://alituranaturals.com
The Clay Mask is the BEST!
- Save 20% off Energybits Spirulina and Chlorella at energybits.com. Use code – HEALTHYHORMONES
- Save 15% off North American Herb and Spice Products with coupon code HOLISTIC15%
- AOR – you can order online at https://aor.us/ (USA) or https://aor.ca/ (CANADA). Use the code healthyhormones2020 for an extra 5% off, on top of any other discounts.
- My ebooks, meal plans & guides are on sale for 20% off with the code SAVE20 – visit shop.holisticwellness.ca to explore your options. If you’re looking for healthy recipe inspiration, there are a ton of meal plans + recipes available there for you to dive into. You’ll get instant access so you can start cooking right away.
Where you can find Jenny Sansouci:
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me: