What are some of the things that you don’t realize are impacting your stress? Learn more about the not-so-obvious things in your day-to-day life that impact your hormones and adrenal health.
You can find all the info and links about this episode at https://holisticwellness.ca/episode119.
Click here to listen on iTunes, Stitcher, or Spotify:
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Blood sugar swings
- Inadequate protein
- Oxidative stress
- Poor oxygen delivery
- Essential fatty acids
- Insulin and cortisol work hand in hand to bring your body into balance as you experience sugar swings all day long.
- Overshooting your carb tolerance is eating too many carbs in one sitting.
- At a minimum, somewhere around 90-100 grams of protein per day is recommended for women.
- Protein is what’s going to stabilize your blood sugar and satiate you so that you don’t overeat and end up overshooting your carbs.
- When you have excessive inflammation in your body, it quickly creates a stress burden on all of your hormonal systems.
- Oxygen is the fountain of youth. Without oxygen, you not only feel cold and tired but pretty much every tissue in your body is going to suffer big time.
- Essential fatty acids help us better adapt to stress, and help with adrenal fatigue.
- Balance out your meals appropriately with protein, fat, and fiber.
- Increase your protein intake if you’re not eating enough of it.
- Get a high-sensitivity CRP test for inflammation, and get on an anti-inflammatory protocol.
- Drink 3-4 liters of water a day.
- Supplement with fish oil.
“Our modern life stressors expose us to much more oxidation, and our antioxidant system can really get overwhelmed.”
“If you think of a hormone as a key and a receptor as a lock, inflammation is like sticking gum over the keyhole, making it harder for your hormones to bind to their specific receptor and create an effect inside your cell.”
Thanks for listening!
We are launching the Healthy Hormones Monthly Recipe Club for $9 a month. Stay tuned!
If you’re looking for an amazing community to connect with and a group of women that are all on their journey to healing and optimizing their health and their hormones, join our Healthy Hormones for Women Podcast Private Community on Facebook.
If you haven’t downloaded our FREE 5 Day Sugar Detox Challenge yet, download it now! It’s so easy to follow and you’re going to love it.
Connect with me over on Instagram, @holisticwellnessfoodie. It would also mean so much if you would leave us a rating or a review at any podcast platform that you’re listening to us on.
Links to things I talk about in the show:
- Learn more about our 12-Week Dutch Hormone Program and Testing here
- Save 15% off ALL Organifi products at organifishop.com. My favourites are the Organifi Gold in Chocolate and GLOW. Use code HEALTHYHORMONES
- My ebooks, meal plans & guides are on sale for 20% off with the code SAVE20 – visit shop.holisticwellness.ca to explore your options. If you’re looking for healthy recipe inspiration, there are a ton of meal plans + recipes available there for you to dive into. You’ll get instant access so you can start cooking right away.
- You can get ALL Designs for Health supplements for 10% off with the code SAVE10 over at shop.holisticwellness.ca.
- Check out CANPREV products across Canadian Health Food Stores and online at Natures-Source.ca – I personally LOVE their MYCO10 and Collagen powder. They are great to add to smoothies and elixirs.
Where you can find me:
How you can work with me: